The LokSound 5 is the most important and advanced member of the LokSound family, boasting a huge 128Mbit of sound memory, with a class D audio amplifier outputting 3W, 16 Bit, 31.25kHz Hi-Fi quality sound. Speakers with an impedance between 4-32 Ohms may be used, or simply use the supplied standard 11 x 15mm sugar cube speaker and customisable enclosure. With an overall size of 30 x 15.5 x 5.5mm the LokSound 5 will fit into almost any H0 or 0 scale locomotive.
Available in 21 pin and 8 pin configurations. Simply cut of the 8 pin plug for hardwire applications.
This decoder can be loaded with any ESU sound project of your choosing for a small extra cost, select the appropriate drop down menu option for this option. Click this link to access the ESU sound file database.
58420 – 8 pin/Hardwire LokSound 5 DCC
58429 – 21 pin LokSound 5 DCC
Note these LokSound decoders are the LokSound DCC only (ESU LCC) versions imported from the US.
- NRMA DCC data format with function mapping
- Up to 16 bit audio at 31.25kHz
- 128Mbit of sound memory
- 3W 4-32Ohm speaker output – (e.g. at least 2 standard sugar cubes)
- Track voltage: Unspecified, assumed to work on all standard track voltages
- Motor max continuous current: 1.5A
- Motor peak current (~20 sec): Unspecified in manual
- Functions max total current: Each output may draw up to 250mA
- 6 amplified function outputs on wires, 4 amplified function outputs on solder pads (10 total)
- 4 logic level outputs (functions/servos/SUSI)
- 1 switch input
- Keep alive capacitor connection pads
- Shunting mode
- Support for automatic uncoupling
- Addresses 1-10239
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Advanced momentum features
- 12 sound channels with simultaneous playback
- 8 random sound generators
- Operable on DC and AC
View on the ESU website: http://www.esu.eu/en/products/loksound/loksound-5-loksound-5-dcc/