Sound installed Gopher Models Commonwealth Railways GM locomotive.
- Installed with Zimo MS490 sound decoder
- 128Mbit sound storage, 16 bit sound playback, 1W amplifier
- Custom 660uF keep alive capacitor
- 15 x 11mm sugar cube speaker with custom enclosure
- EMD-567C prime mover sounds with either Nathan P5, Leslie 3 Chime, Leslie 5 Chime, RVB 3 Chime or Westinghouse A B horn
- Simply change one CV value to switch between any of the above horn profiles
- Directional headlights with soft start (F0)
- Dim headlights (F1)
- Shunting mode – momentum heavily reduced (F19)
- Sound features via function buttons:
- Coast on demand and automatically (F5)
- Light/heavy load – prime mover notches up slow/fast dependent on speed (F6)
- Drive lock (F9)
- Notch 8 (F12)
- Manual Notching (F16 – on/off, F17 – notch down, F18 – notch up)
- Mute (F20)
- Volume increase/decrease (F22/21)
- Cue-able sounds:
- Long, short & alternate horn (F2, 3, 10)
- Dynamic brakes – when activated prime mover automatically drops to idle (F4)
- Brake squeal (F7)
- Coupler (F11)
- Air compressor – loops until switched off (F13)
- Air release (F14)
- Spitters (F15)
- Automatic sounds:
- Air compressor – randomly plays when locomotive is at rest
- Air release – randomly plays when locomotive is at rest
Commonwealth Railways GM12 class locomotive, built by Clyde Engineering, Granville.
- Power unit EMD16-567C, V16
- Generator EMD D12
- Power output 1800hp
- Tractive effort (continuous) 57,300lb
- Max speed 89mph (143kph)
- Weight 116t
There were 36 in the class, of which this model represents GM12-GM36.
Modifications were made to the roof on GM37-GM47 and these will be available as extras.
Traction motors varied across the models with:
- D37 used for GM12-GM21
- D47 used for GM22-GM26
- D57 used for GM27-GM29
- D67 used for GM30-GM39
- D77 used for GM40-GM47
GM17-GM21 had a window added to the right hand side read, the same as the NSWGR 42 class, but without a side window.
View on the Gopher Models website: GM
There are no reviews yet.