The LokSound 5 Fx is a special member of the LokSound family, featuring no motor output but still retaining all the standard sound and function features of LokSound decoders, suitable for use in un-motorised rolling stock featuring sound and lighting capabilities. It still boasts a huge 128Mbit of sound memory, with a class D audio amplifier outputting 3W, 16 Bit, 31.25kHz Hi-Fi quality sound. Speakers with an impedance between 4-32 Ohms may be used, or simply use the supplied standard 11 x 15mm sugar cube speaker and customisable enclosure. With an overall size of 30 x 15.5 x 5.5mm the LokSound 5 will fit into almost any H0 or 0 scale locomotive.
Available in 21 pin and 8 pin configurations (8 pin currently not stocked, special order required). Simply cut of the 8 pin plug for hardwire applications.
Please note this decoder has no motor output.
This decoder can be loaded with any ESU sound project of your choosing for a small extra cost, select the appropriate drop down menu option for this option. Click this link to access the ESU sound file database.
58219 – 21 pin LokSound 5 Fx DCC/MM/SX/M4
Note this LokSound decoder is the European version, thus Motorola (MM), Selectrix (SX) and mfx (M4) capable systems will work with this decoder, alongside regular NMRA DCC compliant systems. This particular decoder may also be run on AC unlike the LokSound DCC only (ESU LCC) version.
- NRMA DCC data format with function mapping
- 21.5 x 15.5 x 6.5mm
- Up to 16 bit audio at 31.25kHz
- 128Mbit of sound memory
- 3W 4-32Ohm speaker output – (e.g. at least 2 standard sugar cubes)
- Track voltage: Unspecified, assumed to work on all standard track voltages
- Functions max total current: Each output may draw up to 180mA
- 6 amplified function outputs on 21MTC socket, these 6 also accessible via solder pads
- 6 logic level output (functions/servos/SUSI)
- Stay alive capacitor connection pads
- Shunting mode
- Support for automatic uncoupling
- Addresses 1-10239
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Advanced momentum features
- 12 sound channels with simultaneous playback
- 8 random sound generators
- Operable on DC and AC
View on the ESU website: https://www.esu.eu/en/products/loksound/loksound-5-fx/