The LokSound 5 Micro DCC Direct Kato Japan is the latest N scale drop-in offering from ESU, bolstering their large collection of infamous LokSound 5 decoders. This particular drop-in decoder has been designed to suit N scale Kato locomotives, using the ‘EM13’ design. LokSound 5 decoders boast a huge 128Mbit of sound memory, with a class D audio amplifier outputting 3W, 16 Bit, 31.25kHz Hi-Fi quality sound. Speakers with an impedance between 4-32 Ohms may be used.
Please note that this sound decoder does not come supplied with a speaker.
This decoder can be loaded with any ESU sound project of your choosing for a small extra cost, select the appropriate drop down menu option for this option. Click this link to access the ESU sound file database.
58731 – ESU LokSound 5 Micro DCC Direct Kato Japan
Note this LokSound decoder is specifically designed for the Australian and American markets, hence it will only support standard NMRA compatible DCC systems. It will not support Motorola (MM), Selectrix (SX) and mfx (M4) capable systems. It also doesn’t support running on AC analogue systems.
- NRMA DCC data format with function mapping
- 27.6 x 14.1 x 3mm
- Up to 16 bit audio at 31.25kHz
- 128Mbit of sound memory
- 3W 4-32Ohm speaker output – (e.g. at least 2 standard sugar cubes)
- Track voltage: Unspecified, assumed to work on all standard track voltages
- Motor max continuous current: 0.75A
- Motor peak current (~20 sec): Unspecified in manual
- Functions max total current: Each output may draw up to 180mA
- 3 amplified function outputs on solder pads
- Shunting mode
- Support for automatic uncoupling
- Addresses 1-10239
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Advanced momentum features
- 12 sound channels with simultaneous playback
- 8 random sound generators
- Operable on DC
View on the ESU website: https://www.esu.eu/en/products/loksound/loksound-5-micro-dcc-kato/