The Zimo MS440C/D is perfect for sound installations in all varieties of HO scale locomotives featuring a 21MTC Pin configuration. The decoder will be supplied in ‘C’ configuration, where FO3, FO4, FO5 & FO6 will be logic level outputs. With a simple change of value for CV #8 the decoder can be set to ‘D’ configuration, where these function outputs will be switched to amplified outputs. See the first diagram below for the relevant CV’s to do this.
The Zimo MS440C/D features dedicated stay alive capacitor connection pads allowing unlimited size of 16V stay alive to be connected preventing high in-rush of current, and enables programming, firmware and sound loading without the need to disconnect the capacitor.
This decoder can be loaded with any Zimo sound project of your choosing for a small extra cost. Click this Zimo link to access their sound file database.
In partnership with YouChoos located in the UK, any of their sound files may also be loaded onto this decoder for a small extra cost. Click this YouChoos link to access their comprehensive sound database.
- NRMA DCC data format with function mapping + Swiss mapping
- Up to 16 bit audio at 44kHz
- 128Mbit of sound memory – 360s of sounds at 16 bit 22kHz
- 3W 4-8Ohm speaker output – (e.g. at least 2 standard sugar cubes)
- Track voltage: 7-35V
- Motor max continuous current: 1.2A
- Motor peak current (~20 sec): 2.5A
- Functions max total current: 0.8A
- Max total motor + function output: 1.2A
- ‘C’ version – 4 amplified function outputs on pins, 6 logic level outputs on pins
- ‘D’ version – 8 amplified function outputs on pins, 2 logic level outputs on pins
- 2 switch inputs
- Stay alive capacitor connection pads with charging circuit built in to decoder
- Shunting mode
- Support for automatic uncoupling
- Addresses 1-10239
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Advanced momentum features
- Operable brake via function key
- Ability to switch between multiple sound files
- 16 sound channels with simultaneous playback
- 8 random sound generators
- Programmable to two complete sets of CV’s
- Operable on DC
View on the Zimo website: http://www.zimo.at/web2010/products/ms-sound-decoder_EN.htm