The Zimo MS450 is perfect for sound installations in all varieties of HO scale locomotives.
Also available as 8 pin on wires, 6 pin on wires and PluX-22.
The Zimo MS450 features dedicated stay alive capacitor connection pads (with wires pre-soldered) allowing unlimited size of 16V stay alive to be connected preventing high in-rush of current, and enables programming, firmware and sound loading without the need to disconnect the capacitor.
This decoder can be loaded with any Zimo sound project of your choosing for a small extra cost. Click this Zimo link to access their sound file database.
In partnership with YouChoos located in the UK, any of their sound files may also be loaded onto this decoder for a small extra cost. Click this YouChoos link to access their comprehensive sound database.
- NRMA DCC data format with function mapping + Swiss mapping
- Up to 16 bit audio at 44kHz
- 128Mbit of sound memory – 360s of sounds at 16 bit 22kHz
- 3W 4-8Ohm speaker output – (e.g. at least 2 standard sugar cubes)
- Track voltage: 7-35V
- Motor max continuous current: 1.2A
- Motor peak current (~20 sec): 2.5A
- Functions max total current: 0.8A
- Max total motor + function output: 1.2A
- 4 amplified function outputs on wires, 6 amplified function outputs on solder pads
- 2 logic level outputs (functions/servos/SUSI)
- 1 switch input
- Keep alive capacitor connection pads
- Shunting mode
- Support for automatic uncoupling
- Addresses 1-10239
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Advanced momentum features
- Operable brake via function key
- Ability to switch between multiple sound files
- 16 sound channels with simultaneous playback
- 8 random sound generators
- Programmable to two complete sets of CV’s
- Operable on DC
View on the Zimo website: http://www.zimo.at/web2010/products/ms-sound-decoder_EN.htm