Sound installed Gopher Models Victorian Railways B Class locomotive.
Please note that one of the models shown above has been decalled and slightly weathered, all models are supplied un-numbered, without decals applied, and without weathering, decals are supplied for you to choose your own number, and you may choose to leave your model in pristine condition, or weather according to your preferences!
- Installed with Zimo MS490 sound decoder
- 128Mbit sound storage, 16 bit sound playback, 1W amplifier
- Custom 660uF keep alive capacitor
- 15 x 11mm sugar cube speaker with custom enclosure
- EMD-567C prime mover sounds with either Nathan P5, Leslie 3 Chime, Leslie 5 Chime, RVB 3 Chime or Westinghouse A B horn
- Simply change one CV value to switch between any of the above horn profiles
- Directional headlights with soft start (F0)
- Dim headlights (F1)
- Shunting mode – momentum heavily reduced (F19)
- Sound features via function buttons:
- Coast on demand and automatically (F5)
- Light/heavy load – prime mover notches up slow/fast dependent on speed (F6)
- Drive lock (F9)
- Notch 8 (F12)
- Manual Notching (F16 – on/off, F17 – notch down, F18 – notch up)
- Mute (F20)
- Volume increase/decrease (F22/21)
- Cue-able sounds:
- Long, short & alternate horn (F2, 3, 10)
- Dynamic brakes – when activated prime mover automatically drops to idle (F4)
- Brake squeal (F7)
- Coupler (F11)
- Air compressor – loops until switched off (F13)
- Air release (F14)
- Spitters (F15)
- Automatic sounds:
- Air compressor – randomly plays when locomotive is at rest
- Air release – randomly plays when locomotive is at rest
Victorian Railways (VR) B Class built by Clyde Engineering.
- Power Unit: EMD 16-567BC, V16, 950RPM Max
- Generator: EMD D12
- Traction Motors: 6 x EMD D27
- Power output for traction: 1500hp
- Continuous tractive effort: 40,240lb
- Max speed: 83mph (133kph)
- Weight: 114t 0cwt
There were 26 in class B60 to B85 and was delivered between 14 Jul 1952 and 22 Feb 1954.
B60 was the only named B class in VR – Harold W Clapp. In VLine livery it was Sir Harold Clapp.
B61 in SSR ownership was named Bernie Baker with a special paint scheme to commemorate the gathering of Streamliner locos at Goulburn NSW 2016.
B62 was the first diesel to run 1,000,000 miles in Australia.
View on the Gopher Models website: VR B