Sound installed Gopher Models Victorian Railways S Class locomotive.
Please note that the model shown above has been decalled and slightly weathered, all models are supplied un-numbered, without decals applied, and without weathering, decals are supplied for you to choose your own number, and you may choose to leave your model in pristine condition, or weather according to your preferences!
- Installed with Zimo MS490 sound decoder
- 128Mbit sound storage, 16 bit sound playback, 1W amplifier
- Custom 660uF keep alive capacitor
- 15 x 11mm sugar cube speaker with custom enclosure
- EMD-567C prime mover sounds with either Nathan P5, Leslie 3 Chime, Leslie 5 Chime, RVB 3 Chime or Westinghouse A B horn
- Simply change one CV value to switch between any of the above horn profiles
- Directional headlights with soft start (F0)
- Dim headlights (F1)
- Shunting mode – momentum heavily reduced (F19)
- Sound features via function buttons:
- Coast on demand and automatically (F5)
- Light/heavy load – prime mover notches up slow/fast dependent on speed (F6)
- Drive lock (F9)
- Notch 8 (F12)
- Manual Notching (F16 – on/off, F17 – notch down, F18 – notch up)
- Mute (F20)
- Volume increase/decrease (F22/21)
- Cue-able sounds:
- Long, short & alternate horn (F2, 3, 10)
- Dynamic brakes – when activated prime mover automatically drops to idle (F4)
- Brake squeal (F7)
- Coupler (F11)
- Air compressor – loops until switched off (F13)
- Air release (F14)
- Spitters (F15)
- Automatic sounds:
- Air compressor – randomly plays when locomotive is at rest
- Air release – randomly plays when locomotive is at rest
Victorian Railways S class built by Clyde Engineering.
- First order EMD A7, second order EMD A16C
- Power unit EMD16-567C, V16
- Generator EMD D12/D22
- Traction motors 6 x EMD D27/D37/D47
- Power output for traction 1810hp
- Tractive effort (continuous) 61,250lb
- Max speed 83mph (133kph)
- Weight 114t
There were 18 in the class S300-S317 and they were delivered between 1957 and 1961.
Each locomotive in the class was named.
View on the Gopher Models website: VR S
There are no reviews yet.