DCC installed Gopher Models Victorian Railways B Class locomotive.
Please note that one of the models shown above has been decalled and slightly weathered, all models are supplied un-numbered, without decals applied, and without weathering, decals are supplied for you to choose your own number, and you may choose to leave your model in pristine condition, or weather according to your preferences!
- Installed with Zimo MX616 decoder
- Directional headlights with soft start
- Advanced motor control, PWM, P & I controller custom programmed for these locos
- Programmed to DCC address #3 unless otherwise requested
- Operable on DC
- The decoder also features the following customisable options:
- Support for keep alive capacitors
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Shunting mode
- Programmable to two complete sets of CV’s
- Automatic uncoupling
- Operable brake via function key
- Support for automatic braking, Lenz ABC, Märklin & Zimo HLU
- Swiss Mapping
Victorian Railways (VR) B Class built by Clyde Engineering.
- Power Unit: EMD 16-567BC, V16, 950RPM Max
- Generator: EMD D12
- Traction Motors: 6 x EMD D27
- Power output for traction: 1500hp
- Continuous tractive effort: 40,240lb
- Max speed: 83mph (133kph)
- Weight: 114t 0cwt
There were 26 in class B60 to B85 and was delivered between 14 Jul 1952 and 22 Feb 1954.
B60 was the only named B class in VR – Harold W Clapp. In VLine livery it was Sir Harold Clapp.
B61 in SSR ownership was named Bernie Baker with a special paint scheme to commemorate the gathering of Streamliner locos at Goulburn NSW 2016.
B62 was the first diesel to run 1,000,000 miles in Australia.
View on the Gopher Models website: VR B