DCC installed Gopher Models B61 ‘Bernie Baker’ ex Victorian Railways locomotive.
B61 is currently owned and operated by SSR (Southern Shorthaul Railroad) and was named Bernie Baker with a special paint scheme to commemorate the gathering of Streamliner locos at Goulburn NSW 2016.
- Installed with Zimo MX616 decoder
- Directional headlights with soft start
- Advanced motor control, PWM, P & I controller custom programmed for these locos
- Programmed to DCC address #3 unless otherwise requested
- Operable on DC
- The decoder also features the following customisable options:
- Support for keep alive capacitors
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Shunting mode
- Programmable to two complete sets of CV’s
- Automatic uncoupling
- Operable brake via function key
- Support for automatic braking, Lenz ABC, Märklin & Zimo HLU
- Swiss Mapping
Victorian Railways (VR) B Class built by Clyde Engineering.
- Power Unit: EMD 16-567BC, V16, 950RPM Max
- Generator: EMD D12
- Traction Motors: 6 x EMD D27
- Power output for traction: 1500hp
- Continuous tractive effort: 40,240lb
- Max speed: 83mph (133kph)
- Weight: 114t 0cwt
There were 26 in class B60 to B85 and was delivered between 14 Jul 1952 and 22 Feb 1954.
B60 was the only named B class in VR – Harold W Clapp. In VLine livery it was Sir Harold Clapp
B62 was the first diesel to run 1,000,000 miles in Australia.
View on the Gopher Models website: B61 Bernie Baker