The LokSound 5 Micro DCC Direct is the latest N scale drop-in offering from ESU, bolstering their large collection of infamous LokSound 5 decoders. This particular drop-in decoder has been designed to suit N scale Atlas and Intermountain locomotives, and can also be fit to similar locomotives of other manufacturers (please note this is a rough guide only). LokSound 5 decoders boast a huge 128Mbit of sound memory, with a class D audio amplifier outputting 3W, 16 Bit, 31.25kHz Hi-Fi quality sound. Speakers with an impedance between 4-32 Ohms may be used.
The LokSound 5 micro DCC Direct has 10 directly soldered LEDs. Two of them are intended for front and rear head lighting, two more are connected to the aux3 and AUX4 outputs to switch e.g. number boards. A further 6 LEDs on the bottom are intended for ditch lights, but can also be used for other lighting purposes on request. All important lighting functions are available. The brightness of each output can be set separately.
Please note that this sound decoder does not come supplied with a speaker.
This decoder can be loaded with any ESU sound project of your choosing for a small extra cost, select the appropriate drop down menu option for this option. Click this link to access the ESU sound file database.
58721 – ESU LokSound 5 Micro DCC Direct
Note this LokSound decoder is specifically designed for the Australian and American markets, hence it will only support standard NMRA compatible DCC systems. It will not support Motorola (MM), Selectrix (SX) and mfx (M4) capable systems. It also doesn’t support running on AC analogue systems.
- NRMA DCC data format with function mapping
- 66 x 8.2 x 2.4mm
- Up to 16 bit audio at 31.25kHz
- 128Mbit of sound memory
- 3W 4-32Ohm speaker output – (e.g. at least 2 standard sugar cubes)
- Track voltage: Unspecified, assumed to work on all standard track voltages
- Motor max continuous current: 0.75A
- Motor peak current (~20 sec): Unspecified in manual
- Functions max total current: Each output may draw up to 180mA
- Shunting mode
- Support for automatic uncoupling
- Addresses 1-10239
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Advanced momentum features
- 12 sound channels with simultaneous playback
- 8 random sound generators
- Operable on DC
View on the ESU website: http://www.esu.eu/en/products/loksound/loksound-5-micro-dcc-direct/
There are no reviews yet.