The LokSound 5 micro is the smaller cousin to the most important and advanced member of the LokSound family, boasting a huge 128Mbit of sound memory, with a class D audio amplifier outputting 3W, 16 Bit, 31.25kHz Hi-Fi quality sound. Speakers with an impedance between 4-32 Ohms may be used, or simply use the supplied standard 11 x 15mm sugar cube speaker and customisable enclosure. With an overall size of 25.5 x 10.6 x 4mm (21 x 10.6 x 4mm for Next18 version) the LokSound 5 micro will fit into almost any N or HO scale locomotive.
Available in hardwire, 8 pin and Next18 configurations.
This decoder can be loaded with any ESU sound project of your choosing for a small extra cost, select the appropriate drop down menu option for this option. Click this link to access the ESU sound file database.
58810 – 8 pin LokSound 5 micro DCC/MM/SX/M4
58813 – Hardwire LokSound 5 micro DCC/MM/SX/M4
58418 – Next18 LokSound 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4
Note this LokSound decoder is the European version, thus Motorola (MM), Selectrix (SX) and mfx (M4) capable systems will work with this decoder, alongside regular NMRA DCC compliant systems. This particular decoder may also be run on AC unlike the LokSound DCC only (ESU LCC) version.
- NRMA DCC data format with function mapping
- 25.5 x 10.6 x 4mm (21 x 10.6 x 4mm for Next18 version)
- Up to 16 bit audio at 31.25kHz
- 128Mbit of sound memory
- 3W 4-32Ohm speaker output – (e.g. at least 2 standard sugar cubes)
- Track voltage: Unspecified, assumed to work on all standard track voltages
- Motor max continuous current: 0.75A
- Motor peak current (~20 sec): Unspecified in manual
- Functions max total current: Each output may draw up to 180mA
- 4 amplified function outputs on wires, 2 amplified function outputs on solder pads (6 total)
- 1 logic level output (functions/servos/SUSI), 2 additional on Next18 version
- Keep alive capacitor connection pads
- Shunting mode
- Support for automatic uncoupling
- Addresses 1-10239
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Advanced momentum features
- 12 sound channels with simultaneous playback
- 8 random sound generators
- Operable on DC and AC
View on the ESU website: http://www.esu.eu/en/products/loksound/loksound-5-micro-loksound-5-micro-dcc/