The LokSound 5 micro DCC Direct Kato USA Widebody has been specially developed for installation in wide body N gauge locomotives of the Kato USA brand. Most diesel locomotives of this manufacturer come with only a common DC lighting board. Finally, these models can also be easily retrofitted with a LokSound decoder. LokSound 5 decoders boast a huge 128Mbit of sound memory, with a class D audio amplifier outputting 3W, 16 Bit, 31.25kHz Hi-Fi quality sound. Speakers with an impedance between 4-32 Ohms may be used.
Please note that this sound decoder does not come supplied with a speaker.
This decoder can be loaded with any ESU sound project of your choosing for a small extra cost, select the appropriate drop down menu option for this option. Click this link to access the ESU sound file database.
58941 – ESU LokSound 5 Micro DCC Direct Kato USA Widebody
Note this LokSound decoder is specifically designed for the Australian and American markets, hence it will only support standard NMRA compatible DCC systems. It will not support Motorola (MM), Selectrix (SX) and mfx (M4) capable systems. It also doesn’t support running on AC analogue systems.
- NRMA DCC data format with function mapping
- 47.5 x 14 x 4.5mm
- Up to 16 bit audio at 31.25kHz
- 128Mbit of sound memory
- 3W 4-32Ohm speaker output – (e.g. at least 2 standard sugar cubes)
- Track voltage: Unspecified, assumed to work on all standard track voltages
- Motor max continuous current: 0.9A
- Motor peak current (~20 sec): Unspecified in manual
- Functions max total current: Each output may draw up to 180mA
- 6 amplified function outputs on solder pads, 2 SMD LED’s at either end that can be replaced by 3mm LED’s (6 total)
- Stay alive capacitor/ESU power pack connection pads
- Shunting mode
- Support for automatic uncoupling
- Addresses 1-10239
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Advanced momentum features
- 12 sound channels with simultaneous playback
- 8 random sound generators
- Operable on DC
View on the ESU website: https://www.esu.eu/en/products/loksound/loksound-5-micro-dcc-kato-usa-widebody/
ESU manual diagram coming soon… we hope…!
There are no reviews yet.