The Zimo MS950 is perfect for sound installations in many varieties of O scale locomotives featuring an L socket, the same type of socket suitable for the ESU LokSound 5 L large scale decoder.
The Zimo MS950 features on board stay alive via 3 super caps, which can power the decoder for several seconds once fully charged. Clever engineering enables programming, firmware and sound loading without the need to disconnect the capacitors.
This decoder can be loaded with any Zimo sound project of your choosing for a small extra cost. Click this Zimo link to access their sound file database.
In partnership with YouChoos located in the UK, any of their sound files may also be loaded onto this decoder for a small extra cost. Click this YouChoos link to access their comprehensive sound database.
- NRMA DCC data format with function mapping + Swiss mapping
- Up to 16 bit audio at 44kHz
- 128Mbit of sound memory – 360s of sounds at 16 bit 22kHz
- 2x 3W 4-8Ohm speaker output s– (e.g. at least 4 standard sugar cubes)
- Track voltage: 7-35V?
- Motor max continuous current: 4A
- Motor peak current (~20 sec): 10A
- Functions max total current: 2A
- Max total motor + function output: 4A
- 11 function outputs, 3 logic level
- 4 dedicated servo outputs with 3 pin connectors, when using supplied breakout board
- 4 switch inputs
- 2 dedicated fan outputs, to drive fans for smoke
- Stay alive capacitor connection pads with charging circuit built in to decoder, when using supplied breakout board
- Shunting mode
- Support for automatic uncoupling
- Addresses 1-10239
- Lighting effects: flashing, dimming, soft start, American lighting effects, etc.
- Advanced momentum features
- Operable brake via function key
- Ability to switch between multiple sound files
- 16 sound channels with simultaneous playback
- 8 random sound generators
- Programmable to two complete sets of CV’s
- Operable on DC
View on the Zimo website: http://www.zimo.at/web2010/products/ms-sound-decoder-grossbahn_EN.htm